You can have Massaman Curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Massaman Curry
- You need 200 grams of Chicken (thigh with skin on or breast) whichever you prefer.
- You need 1 piece of Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 50 grams of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 240 ml of Coconut cream.
- You need 1 of total of 240 ml Coconut cream 30 ml + water 210 ml.
- You need 2 tbsp of Roasted peanuts.
- You need 3 of grains Roasted cardamon seeds.
- Prepare 2 of leaves Roasted bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of Roasted cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Fish sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Palm sugar ※ Or light or dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of ☆ Tamarind paste.
Massaman Curry step by step
- Cut the chicken into cubes, rub in the finely chopped ginger, and let it sit for about 15 minutes..
- Boil the potatoes with the skin on until tender. Peel the skin, cut into cubes, and deep fry them..
- In a pan over low to medium heat, simmer 1/4 of the coconut cream and curry paste. Pour in the remaining coconut cream gradually until the oil starts to separate..
- Once the oil comes out, add the chicken, and swirl in the ☆ seasonings..
- Add the coconut milk (coconut cream+water), and simmer it for 10-15 minutes..
- Add the potatoes, roasted cardamom, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick. Once the curry starts to thicken, add the roasted peanuts and turn off the heat..
Source : https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152623-massaman-curry