Lamb Massaman Curry. Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry – a wildy popular dish at upscale Thai restaurants, the lamb is Lamb Shanks Massaman Curry. Ahhh just the title makes my mouth water. Massaman lamb curry is a sumptuous dish that's rich in both flavor and nutrients.
Of all the curries, massaman is Chef Nooror signature curry and customers come from all over the world to taste her lamb massaman in. With cooking tips, tricks and foolproof recipes, this fabulous cookbook from Gizzi Erskine will bring a bit of magic to your kitchen. Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น, RTGS: kaeng matsaman, pronounced [mát.sa.màn] (listen)) is a rich, relatively mild Thai curry. You can have Lamb Massaman Curry using 31 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb Massaman Curry
- Prepare of Ingredients for curry paste:.
- You need 5 of bulb Shallot-peeled.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Dried red chilli.
- Prepare 6 of Clove.
- Prepare 1 of teaspooon Lemongrass puree.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger puree.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Mace.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Shrimp paste(optional).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Ground White pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Rapeseed oil.
- You need of Ingredients to prepare the lamb shank:.
- It’s 2 of Lamb Shank (Small).
- It’s 160 gram of Cooked New potato.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for curry:.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Rapeseed oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 400 ml of Thai Coconut milk.
- You need 1 handful of Cashew nuts.
- You need 3-4 leaf of Coriander leaf.
Cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cumin, bay leaves, nutmeg and mace (spices that are not frequently used in Thai curries). Lamb massaman curry is a truly luxurious dish. Lamb Shanks cooked in a massaman sauce become meltingly tender and the spices blend so harmoniously with the lamb it truly is a perfect match. Lamb Massaman Curry recipe: Try this Lamb Massaman Curry recipe, or contribute your own.
Lamb Massaman Curry step by step
- Fill the large saucepan with water. Add the lamb shanks, salt and baking soda. Gently boil for 3 hours..
- Blend the shallot, garlic, dried roasted red chilli, clove, ginger puree, lemongrass puree, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground mace, ground cumin, coriander seeds, shrimp paste, salt, white pepper and oil in an electric blender until the ingredients turn into a smooth paste..
- Put the rapeseed oil in a medium saucepan. Gently fry the Massaman curry paste for approx 3-4 minutes..
- Add 200 ml of Thai coconut milk and bring it to boil. Season the curry base with the honey, sugar, fish sauce and rest of coconut milk bring it to boil..
- In goes the lamb shanks and cashew nuts in the same saucepan, close the lid and gently boil for further 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cooked new potatoes and boil for further 2-3 minutes..
- Transfer Lamb Massaman curry into the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed Thai Jasmine Rice..
Packed full of flavour and with a good kick of chilli, this lamb curry is a great alternative to a takeaway. Massaman curry is a unique Thai curry that is not fiercely hot. Chicken is the most popular meat to cook Massaman curry with but beef, lamb and mutton are equally common in Thailand. There's nothing more indulgent than a hearty curry recipe and this Massaman version is just the ticket for a Saturday night in. A mild and aromatic curry from the South of Thailand.
Source : https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/8463026-lamb-massaman-curry